Electric Vehicle(EV) has been a priority topic in China-Germany cooperation on science, technology and innovation. The extensive collaboration activities between the two countries on R&D, demonstration and infrastructure building for EV have won great support from the government, represented by the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
On 2nd June, 2010, Minister Wan Gang and Minister Annette Schavan unveiled the Sino-German Joint Research Center for Electric Vehicles in Tongji University, Shanghai. With the participation of major universities, research institutes and enterprises from both sides, the Center is offering a unique platform for joint research on light electric cars. The four-wheel drive fuel cell vehicle developed by the Center was showcased at the 15th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition.
China and Germany are working together to address human challenges of resource depletion and environment protection by developing green vehicles. More and fruitful achievements are expected in the coming future!
Project 1: Sino-German Co-Development of Key Technology of Electric Vehicle with Totally New Structure
- Chinese Participants: Tongji University, Tsinghua University, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Beijing Institute of Technology
- German Participants: Forschungsinstitut fuer Kraftfahrwesen und Fahrzeugmotoren
- Duration: 2008.09.24—2012.09.30
- Achievement: Enrich and improvement the EV engineering capability, raise China's development level of EVs and provide further technical support for the industrualization of EVs
Project 2: Sino-German Co-Development of Key Technology of Electric Vehicle and Sustainable Business Mode and Demonstration
- Chinese Participants: Tongji University, Tsinghua University, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Beijing Institute of Technology, China Automotive Technology & Research Center, Wuhan EV Demonstration Co., Ltd.
- German Participants: Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen
- Duration: 2011.01.01 - 2013.12.31
- Achievement: One high-performance Electric Vehicle and research of business mode & demonstration
The objectives and contents of these research projects:
Establishing cooperation with German partners in the fields of electric vehicle research and development, including power sources and management system, electric drive unit, power system integration and controlling, vehicle integration technology etc.; conducting regular visits and academic exchanges to improve our staff capacity of international cooperation and exchanges. The results of our study will enrich and improve the EV engineering capability, raise China’s development level of EVs and provide further technical support for the industrialization of EVs.